Thursday, July 22, 2010

To Build A Fire


When I first read the title of this story, all I could think of was how boring this story would be. As I began reading, the story started getting my attention. I started to get into it and wondering what had happened to the man. The man was by himself in an extreme cold weather. He had nothing but clothes, matches, and very little food. I sort of figured he would die, but even so I still wanted to know he handled each situation he went through. I thought he was brave, but at the same time dumb because for one thing he shouldn't have made a fire under a tree full of snow. And when the part he tried to kill the dog to get warmth, I didn't know what to think of that. In the end he was frost bitten so badly, he ended up dying. I don't think I could ever see myself going through what he did. If I were him, I wouldn't even have gone out to see my friends in that kind of weather.

Submitted by Emily Tong

No comments:

Post a Comment