Friday, July 16, 2010

The Glass Menagerie



Though many others did not enjoy this play, I did enjoy it. I found it to be a little boring at the beginning of the play. Once Jim came into the picture, I started getting into it. My favorite part was when Jim was sitting with Laura. Jim makes Laura feel good and confident. He shows her that she is special. Although Jim does kiss her and then tells her that he was engaged, I believe he was sincere in the kiss and was falling for her. I am not really sure what happens to Laura after Jim leaves. I want to believe that she moves on with her life with more confidence, but she could very well end up hiding even more than she did before.

Submitted by Amy Farmer

1 comment:

  1. You're right, it is hard to tell what happens to Laura after Jim leaves. And I think it's even harder to know if Jim was really fallen for her or was just trying to help her our, or maybe just being mean. All of this is hard ot tell because it's all being told from the memory of one person.

    ReplyDelete