Sunday, July 11, 2010

I loved Oedipus

I love the play Oedipus. It is a classic example of irony at its best. Although the story is quite disturbing it is very good. I like how the story lines says that although you can try to fight fate you will always come back to it. It makes you think if our lives are predetermined and the choices we make are because you supposed too. Or if life is random. I like how the story shows if we are shown our future we would panic and make rash decisions.
I also like how a lot of our culture is based off of this story. "The Oedipus complex". How little girls are in love with their fathers and little boys are in love with their mother when they are young and do not know the difference between love for your parents and sexual love.
Submitted by Cynthia Jimenz

No comments:

Post a Comment