Thursday, June 24, 2010

Different Views on the Same Story



Reading Sonny's Blues
Recently I read Sonny's Blues by James Baldwin for a class reading assignment. I don't like to read but if I do read it's usually about war stories. Reading this story was different and I actually liked it. I had formed an opinion about this story and posted my opinion. I started to read my classmates thoughts on this story. I was amazed at how many viewpoints were expressed over this one story. A lot of people read something completely different even though we all read the same story. I then decided to google James Baldwin and read about his background. This article gave a whole new slant to this story! This exercise actually made the reading assignment interesting. It also showed me how the same story read by different people can be interpreted in different ways!!!
Submitted by Nyle Cooley

No comments:

Post a Comment